By Guest Blogger Dana from chocolateandsunshine.com
Hi. I know that Mother’s Day is barely past and I am already planning another holiday, but don’t we all enjoy the thought of an excuse for a day off of work and a reason to have a celebration? Today, I’m sharing my thoughts on bringing in the red, white and blue into your summer party, whether for Memorial Day, Independence Day or Labor Day. I don’t have a specific event planned but I have a mood and feel I’d like to create for upcoming summer parties. I’d like an old-fashioned, country-style, rustic barbecue set up on my deck. Let’s go shopping!
Here are my finds from Here Today for my summer party:
• Paper Goods! I bought red paper plates and napkins for next to nothing.
• A few really cool paper lanterns for décor. I picked up 5 white and 4 red units to hang from my deck’s pergola. Clearance items!
• I love the Game On department as it is filled with Cardinals and Rams gear. I bought paper cups with the Cardinals logo on them.
• I came across my perfect cooler, a festive metal container. I prefer setting up metal containers for beer, soda and bottled water rather than an insulated cooler because I like the presentation and for my guests to be able to see what is available. Less than $5.00. It was a winner.
• A red, white and blue cooler came home with me, I want to use this as a gift container for…
• Beer. My son loves the Summer Lager. I intend to fill the cooler with ice, add the beer and a cute little red bottle opener I found in the $1.00 aisle.
All of these items made it into my cart on this shopping trip. Yes, and I kept within my $50.00 budget, except for the red cherry Jelly Bellies I found. Why do I do this? Last time, it was cherry licorice.
If you’d like to pick up the items I’ve shown from my Shopping List, stop by Here Today soon as they could be gone tomorrow. Read my full article here and stay tuned for some of my additional finds on my next Here Today shopping trip!